Please note: The following information is intended for use as a general guideline. Sizing and fit may vary somewhat by brand. Need help with sizing? Check out the measuring guide.
We have listed below a definition of the most commonly used product measurement terms to help you choose the best size. We recommend that you compare each measurement with your own.
1. BUST: With arms at sides, place tape measure under your arms and run it around the fullest part of the bustline and across the shoulder blades.
2. NATURAL WAIST: Find the natural crease of your waist by bending to one side. Run tape measure around your natural waistline, keeping one finger between the tape and your body for a comfortable fit.
3. LOW WAIST: Run tape measure about 2 to 3 inches below your natural waistline, keeping one finger between the tape and your body for a comfortable fit.
4. HIPS: With feet together, run tape measure around the fullest part of your hips/seat, about 7 to 8 inches below your waistline.
5. INSEAM: For full-length pants, run tape measure along the inside of your leg, from just below the crotch to about 1 inch below the ankle.
6. HEAD: Run tape measure around your head, just above the brow line.
7. HANDS: Run tape measure around the circumference of your hand at the knuckles. Do not include the thumb.